At this point one most important thing that comes in my mind is HEALTH, especially dehydration (water loss) and electrolyte loss (potassium and sodium and chloride losses) because of heat exhaustion. These losses can lead to lethargies, sleepiness, confusion, dry mouth, weakness and even some times fainting and lowering blood pressure.
So here I am to help you out, some health tips on how to BEAT THIS HEAT.....
1. Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day.
2. We usually drink water when we are thirsty but till that time our body is already dehydrated, thats why you feel that u need water to drink. THATS WHY DRINK 1 GLASS OF WATER AFTER EVERY HOUR IN A DAY.
3. At least drink 2 to 3 glasses of lemon water because they will provide you electrolytes.
4. If you don’t have time to preparing lemon water, then the alternative is Glucon – D nimbu pani, which is available in local markets and even in super markets.
5. If you are in a market, try to avoid fruit juices as they can lead to diarrhoea. Carry homemade juices or nimbu pani and even drinking water.
6. Fruits are better than juices because they are not only providing you vitamins but also fibers which actually provide you satiety.
7. Eat at least 2 fruits in a day especially watermelon, orange, muskmelon (kharbuja), apple, mosmi etc.
8. If dehydration is very severe (vomiting, light fever and weakness) then I will suggest you to give ORS. And avoid milk because that can lead to diarrhoea.
Stay tuned for more such “diet” and “nutrition” related tips.